Disk defragmenter is freezing at 33% analysed - left for 6hours and still frozen
I upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 last week as I was having problems with programs randomly not responding and then starting again and programs running slow.
Since the upgrade I am still having the same problems - in some cases worse.
Sme of my services are showing twice in the startup menu.
i have run checkdisk and disk cleanup, also registry first aid and cleanup.
I have been trying to run windows disk defragmenter, however it starts analysing the disk prior to defragmenting and then freezes at 33% analysed. this afternoon I had to leave for a meeting and left the program running, I returned 5 hours later and the program
was still stuck at the same point. In windows task manager the program still shows as running - not 'not responding'.
How do I fix it?
System details below:-
Windows 7 Home premium service Pack 1
Intel celeron CPU 900 @2.20ghz 2.19ghz
Hard Drive 137GB - 77gb free space
Ram: 4 gb (2.96gb usable)
Lenovo G530 Laptop
Keys to the Problem Disk defragmenter is freezing at 33% analysed - left for 6hours and still frozen
1% is one of those meaningless statistics.
I doubt it is correct.
You can get very large files which are fragmented and which cannot be defragmented.
Microsoft just ignore the existence of large files.
The files not being defragmented are the System Volume
Information folder, pagegfile.sys, hiberfil.sys and others.
Third party defragmenters are equally incapable of dealing with them.
The problem is that if they are not contiguous they fragment free space.
You have to set up your system very carefully to avoid
the problems these files cause.The System Volume Information folder is one I have not solved.
You would get a better picture of what is going on using Defraggler (freeware from the same source as cCleaner):
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Disk defragmenter is freezing at 33% analysed - left for 6hours and still frozen:
How to Fix Disk defragmenter is freezing at 33% analysed - left for 6hours and still frozen with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 220.127.116.1128,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.18.104.22.16833,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.22.214.171.12447,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooting:Downloaded files seemingly disappear,Drag and Drop in Excel [Anwsered],Does Reimageplus do all it says it does? [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:double click action,Troubleshooting:Driver IRQl not equal or less. Error,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)