Down Arrow to the Right of the URL block...
I upgraded to IE 8 and to the right of the URL box is a down arrow that is supposed to hold the history of websites I have been to. Had no problem with the old version of IE. I've tried changing the options for history, but still nothing shows up when
I click on the down arrow to the right of the URL box. Please help!
Anwsers to the Problem Down Arrow to the Right of the URL block...
Which Operating System are you using?
Were there any changes made to the system?
I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:
Open Internet Explorer, on the tool bar click on tools.
Go to Internet Options.
Under browsing history, uncheck “Delete browsing history on exit”.
Go to settings under browsing history, please specify the days that Internet Explorer keeps the list of websites you have visited.
Under Days to keep pages in history do not select zero.
Hit ok, then apply and Ok.
Also try optimizing Internet explorer and check if it helps, here is the link:
If this does not help, then I would suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps, here are the steps:
Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
8. Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.
Azam – Microsoft Support.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Down Arrow to the Right of the URL block...:
How to Fix Down Arrow to the Right of the URL block... with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 220.127.116.1128,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.18.104.22.16833,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.22.214.171.12447,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)