Dell L421x XPS laptop turns off randomly
My battery is fully charged, the rather new laptop just randomly shuts off. I don't receive any message before the computer shuts off. When I power back on, it asks if I should start in Safe Mode or start the computer normally.
(still no error message)
I haven't made any changes on the computer, I primarily use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Any ideas? I think it is because an update wasn't successful, but if so, don't know how to confirm/fix.
Anwsers to the Problem Dell L421x XPS laptop turns off randomly
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
From the issue description, your laptop Dell L421x XPS turns off randomly after the Windows Update was unsuccessful.
I can understand the inconvenience to you.
To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:
1. Do you receive any error message or error code?
2. Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
You may check which updates have recently installed that has caused the issue:
See which Windows updates are installed
I would also suggest you to check for error messages in Event Viewer.
If you find any error messages then post back the exact error message so that we can assist you better.
Open Event Viewer
What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?
Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check if the issue persists.
Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps.
You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 3
from the KB article mentioned above.
Hope this helps.
Reply with more information on the issue so that we can assist you in better way.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Dell L421x XPS laptop turns off randomly
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Dell L421x XPS laptop turns off randomly:
How to Fix Dell L421x XPS laptop turns off randomly with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 18.104.22.168059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.126.96.36.199,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How Can You Fix - Defrag and consolidate system files in Windows 7 SP1?,Troubleshooting:cyberlink program will not unistall, it says setup cannot load/unload UNO.dll,Solution to Problem: deactivate (uninstall) zoosk messenger?I,Troubleshooter of Error: default email program,Tech Support: Data Validation List Change Event