Brand new laptop will not perform system restore or disk check.
I have just bought a new laptop (asus A52F) and now when I turn it on it says it's performing a
disck check in the OS (C:) drive.
It does not actually do a disk check but instead comes up with a message saying it could not perform the check because of recently installed software and that I should do a system restore.
to do that but it kept saying it needed to do a disk check.
As well as that windows updater is not working.
It keeps saying it's due to error 80070002 and error 643.
It's very frustrating because it takes my laptop so long to actually turn on but other then
that it works fine but I'm worried it'll start acting up soon.
I have a feeling it could be due to a 'driver detective' program i installed (and quickly uninstalled after it scanned my computer once,I
didn't try and follow the programmes suggestions of downloading drivers).
I have two weeks to insure the laptop from the shop I bought it in (PC World) if I want to pay in full and I'm afraid it will cost a bomb to get it seen to.
Any advice is
very much apperciated.
Keys to the Problem Brand new laptop will not perform system restore or disk check.
I would suggest you to follow the methods.
Method 1: Check your hard disk for any errors:
1) Click Start, type CMD on the start search box, right click and select 'Run as Administrator.'
2) At the Command Prompt type: chkdsk /r /f
3) When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.
Note: While performing Chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when Chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
Method 2: Put the computer in clean boot state to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts.
Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow
Step 7 in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.
Method 3: Run the system File checker (SFC) scan.
Method 4: For the windows update issue follow the steps from the provided article.
Check for any errors in event viewer.
- Download the Microsoft Windows ISO (installation device) from the following website:
- Users must select the appropriate ISO, either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending upon their individual computer.
- Extract the ISO file to a separate USB device or burn the program to a compact disc.
- Run the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade directly from the software that you have thus created.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Brand new laptop will not perform system restore or disk check.:
How to Fix Brand new laptop will not perform system restore or disk check. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Troubleshooting:Boot Speed in Windows 7 Error,Solution to Error: Browsing History - IE7- Cannot Stop History Compilation,[Anwsered] Boot failure question Windows 7,Solution to Problem: Bug with nested Docvariables updating?,How to Fix - BSOD with EVGA e-GeForce 7300 GT 512MB Graphics Card?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work