always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked and greyed out (so i can't change that).
I'm using Windows 7 OS.
Recently i tried to open a .exe file with another program (eg.
windows media centre), i didn't notice that the 'always use the selected program to open
this kind of file' is ticked and greyed out (so i can't change that).
After that, whatever
program i try to operate, the earlier selected program opens up (windows media centre in
What can be done to solve this? Please help.
Anwsers to the Problem always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked and greyed out (so i can't change that).
Have you tried the steps from the following post:
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked and greyed out (so i can't change that).:
How to Fix always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked and greyed out (so i can't change that). with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Solution to Error: Apparently another computer on this network has the same IP address as me.,[Solution] All programs tries to open with Internet Explorer.,How to Fix - all programs especially windows internet explorer not responding?,Tech Support: Alternate way to open .hlp files.,Troubleshooter of Error: Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 - How-To Articles \/ Guides,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open