Backing up music and video thru Backup and Restore Center
Vista Home Premium Backup and Restore Center claims that music and video files can be backed-up to CD or DVD.
The folder structures are created; however, the folders are empty.
I've disabled McAfee and tried it with the same result.
Can music (wma and
mp3) and videos be backed-up thru Backup and Restore Center? Thanks.
Anwsers to the Problem Backing up music and video thru Backup and Restore Center
Make sure the discs are writeable, which means that you can add, delete, or change the content.
If you decide to use this method and have a lot of files to back up, be sure you have enough discs to finish the job.
The Back Up Files wizard tells
you how much space you need each time you perform a backup and recommends the type of media to use.
For more information, you may refer the following links:
Hope this information is helpful.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
and let us know what you think.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Backing up music and video thru Backup and Restore Center:
How to Fix Backing up music and video thru Backup and Restore Center with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Solved] babylon is not compatible,How to Fix - ayuda; muy muy importante para mi?,As I enter any figure in any cell using MS Excel 2007,I should be converted automatically into words in the desired cells.Is it possible? [Solved],How Can I Fix - Assign Color to Pie Chart from Data in a pivot Table?,How to Fix - Auto create Workbook based on data from other Workbook?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?