Backup is skipping a file but saying its isnt backing up
when I run my Backup, I get the following ,message.
"Backup skipped backing up G:\Favorites 2\Favorites as it is on the backup target."
The Backup and Restore control panel then says - Last Backup: Never.
I am confused as to if the backup is actually being completed successfully or not.
How do I get rid of this problem? I have tried looking for the file on G (which is my backup disk) but cant find it so I cant remove it.
Thanks a lot.
Anwsers to the Problem Backup is skipping a file but saying its isnt backing up
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?What is the complete error message that you get?What exactly are you trying to convey when say the following statements?
Backup is skipping a file but saying its isnt backing up"Backup skipped backing up G:\Favorites 2\Favorites as it is on the backup target."
From above statements are you saying that "The backup completed but some files were skipped".
If that is the case refer to the following article:
Error code 0x8100002F and or error code 0x80070002 when you back up files in Windows 7
Backup and Restore
Hope this helps.
Please let us know the results.
Feel free to write us back for any other assistance.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Backup is skipping a file but saying its isnt backing up:
How to Fix Backup is skipping a file but saying its isnt backing up with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: Arrow keys moves the scroll bar while playing flash games.,How to Fix Problem - Automatically send select data from protected worksheet to printer & Outlook for email?,Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped. Tech Support,[Anwsered] AVG scan returns Broken digital signature,Tech Support: Backup is freezing up in windows 7.,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?