Apps not working after installing Windows 8.1 update
I installed the Windows 8.1 update on my computer on Monday through the Windows store.
Now my computer seems to have slowed down, everything on the desktop has enlarged in size (I know I'm a bit picky, but the largeness of it makes everything seem so crammed
and it's beginning to drive me crazy), and apps like iTunes, Spotify and YouCam aren't working.
They open, however, they do not play music or, in the case of YouCam and the camera app, do not work.
Solutions to the Problem Apps not working after installing Windows 8.1 update
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Apps not working after installing Windows 8.1 update:
How to Fix Apps not working after installing Windows 8.1 update with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Troubleshoot:At what point in time did Microsoft COMPLETELY lose touch with its customers?,How to Fix Problem - ATI radeon graphics driver not working after 7 Home Premium upgrade from Vista.?,How to Fix Problem - ARO 2011 retreived from clean my pc.com site?,Auto Complete Password removal for IE9\/W7,How Can You Fix - Backup and System Restore Errors.?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?