After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards
original title:Keyboard Problems
I replaced Vista with Windows 7 and since then I am having problems with my cursor moving backwards and having to use the undo button a lot? When I am typing and I accidentally touch another key, the cursor keeps going backwards somewhere before and I have
to keep using the undo button to get the cursor back to the position.
This only happens now after I replaced Vista with Windows 7?
Solutions to the Problem After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards
Hi Stephen Ramroop,
1) Did you perform an upgrade or a clean installation?
2) What is the make and model number of your computer?
3) Does this happen in any specific application?
Method 1: Put the computer in clean boot and then check to see if the issue persists
Follow Step 1 in the link below,
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem.
Proceed with the remaining steps to pin-point out the third party service.
After you figure out the problem causing program, you may have to update or install a higher version of the program, if you seldom use that software you can consider uninstalling it.
Important: - Remember to put the computer back to normal startup follow
step 7 in the link.
Method 2: Download and install the drivers for your mouse (and the keyboard) from the computer manufacturer’s website
Thanks and Regards
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your computer.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards:
How to Fix After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshoot:after upgrading to Windows 8.1, computer does not recognize my HP printer,How to Fix Error - After upgrading Skype, unablet to use ManyCam program with more than one videochat program and unable to adjust picture size while broadcasting in Skype?,Fast Solution to Error: After software reinstall, denied access,After last Silverlite update failed, Windows7 hangs immediatly after exiting from browsing the Internet with MSIE9; How do I fix it? [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:After installing Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, now Windows thinks everything is a virus and deletes it,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator