After Vista install, no space left on harddrive
I installed Vista sucessfully after three tries with Apple's bootcamp (due to impatience in burning an ISO to DVD and therefore giving an excuse for corrupted files) so I understand that some of the space on the hard drive was taken up by the 'old' versions.
However, it seems that somehow Windows has unpacked so much that there is no more room for updates necessary...
and i'm down to only 9 MB of free disk space.
The updates are only in MB and KB, and I selected only the most recent and necessary.
How can I clear
the space in more detail? I know how to enlarge the partition allocated, and so I will be doing that this wkend; but imho 20 GB filled is 'in excess'.
*original title - 20 GB partition used in a flash...
Keys to the Problem After Vista install, no space left on harddrive
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error After Vista install, no space left on harddrive
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After Vista install, no space left on harddrive:
How to Fix After Vista install, no space left on harddrive with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: How to Fix - After purging my Outlook Express Inbox of old messages, I am unable to receive or send messages. I have Windows XP and ATT Uverse is my server. Error Number: 0x800C0133. Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78?,After printing with my Canon Pixma MG6150 I lose internet access.,[Anwsered] After installing updates, keyboard and mouse stopped working,Troubleshooting:After today win 8.1 update cpu has high load,How to Fix - After using \"Define New Multilevel List\" in a new template, doesn't seem to keep the changed formatting.?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?