Monday, April 18, 2016

After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location [Anwsered]

After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location

After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location of i:\pst\Outlook Backup.pst.
[external hard drive] 
When backup runs, it defaults to the location on my previous desktop d:\pst [internal 2 hard drive]. 
 
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anwsers to the Problem After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Which backup tool, specifically, are you using?

By the way - I'd discourage you from putting a default .PST file on an external drive unless it's eSATA.
The performance just isn't good enough over USB and you run the risk of serious performance issues, or worse, data corruption.

  1. Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
  2. Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
  3. Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
  4. Delete any files within this download folder.
  5. If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
  6. Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location:

How to Fix After replacing my desktop, I cannot get the Backup to recognize the new location with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshoot:After restarting my computer (Windows 7,) from recovery disks, and installing BitDefender Total Security, I can't connect to iTunes store.,Troubleshooting:After Windows reset nothing seems to work Error,After upgrading, when I try to mail merge labels they will not populate correctly [Solved],Tech Support: Aftre upgrading to Windows 8.1 - Unable to play DVD's\/Issue with Opening Microsoft Office document.,How to Fix Problem - After Windows 7 SP1 Update - applications fail to start because side by side configuration is incorrect?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?

No comments:

Post a Comment