Sunday, March 6, 2016

Windows 7 hangs on File Open/Save as etc [Anwsered]

Windows 7 hangs on File Open/Save as etc

I know this problem has come up before, but none of the answers I have found seem to solve the problem.

In all applications the system hands for about 10 minutes after invoking anything that needs to manage file systems,
for example file>open, file>save as and similar.

It suddenly started happening - I hadn't installed any new software and my antivirus (Avast) and spyware (Spybot and AdAware)
are both up to date and used regularly.

One thing I have noticed is that while the system is hanging, performance manager reports 100% disk queue length.

However, the disk is still accessible because I can run other applications without problem - it is only the application in which I
issued the file>whatever command.

I have done a full disk scan on my C: drive (the only drive on the machine.

Peter

Anwsers to the Problem Windows 7 hangs on File Open/Save as etc

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hi PeterMeason,
 
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
As per the problem description, I understand that, you have an issue with computer performance.
I apologize for the inconvenience; I would request you to send us more information as listed below to assist you better.
 
Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
 
I would suggest you to try these methods and check the issue status.
 
Method 1:
Keep the computer on a clean boot and check for the issue status.
If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem.
Proceed with the remaining steps to pin-point out the third party service.
After you figure out the problem causing program, you may have to update or install a higher version of the program, if you seldom use that software you can consider uninstalling it.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Please go through step 3 of the Kb to keep the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.
 
Method 2:
Optimize Windows 7 for better performance.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Optimize-Windows-7-for-better-performance
 
Method 3:
Check a drive for errors.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
 
You can also refer to:
Performance improvements.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/performance-improvements
 
If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to reply us with the result troubleshooting, we’ll be happy to assist you further.

Open Action Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

Update and run your antivirus software. Windows doesn't come with antivirus software, but Action Center can often monitor the antivirus software that you or your computer manufacturer have installed.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Windows 7 hangs on File Open/Save as etc:

 

 

How to Fix Windows 7 hangs on File Open/Save as etc with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: 50% Of The Times I Am In A MS Word, Or In An Email, And I Press Enter To Go To The Next Line To Continue Writing, Windows Mobility Center" Screen Shows Up.,Adobe Flash Player For Window 7,After Last Updates My Microsoft Word Starter 2010 Won't Work,Automatically Deleting Blank Characters Before Text In Line,Administrative Tools In Control Panel Is Blank. What Can I Do To Restore It?,Windows Backup And Restore Keep Popping Up,MS Word Starter, Omission Of Character,If I Use Two Or More Registry Cleaner. Does It Creat Any Problem To My Computer?,Screen Shot? - How To Take A Screen Shot,Parental Controls Not Working
Read More: Solution to Problem: Why is my computer not recognizing CD when inserted?,How Can You Fix - windows 7 home premium recovery disc currrupted?,[Solved] While trying to make a repair disc, I got the error \"The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057.\",How to Resolve - How to add a brokerage account to Bing Finance App?,[Anwsered] Windows 7 RAID 1 Slow Resynch,My troubleshooter keeps telling me it has an error and stops working.,several programs in the control panel wont allow me to access them, i dont think it's a virus. windows 7,How do I edit data in an embedded Excel object in a Word form document?,Message pops when I start FSX with an error code, stating that it was not possible to activate the product. Shuts down after 30 minutes of gameplay. HELP!,Excel Doc. won't launch in separate window

No comments:

Post a Comment