Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Troubleshoot:Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS

Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS

How can I get WMC to work again?

Solutions to the Problem Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hi,
It might be that the media center library has gone corrupt, I would suggest you rebuild media center library and check whether the issue is resolved.
Follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 1:
a.
Exit any running instance of Windows Media Center.
b.
Delete the mediaCenterDataStore.db file.
By default this file is in the following location:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mediaCenterDataStore.db
Method 2:
a.
Click Start button and in the Start Search box type in the following command: %systemdrive%\programdata\microsoft\ehome and press the Enter Key.
b.
Now locate mcepg1-5-0 file,it’s a db or data base file.Right click on it and delete it.
c.
Restart Windows Media Center.
This will now allow you to configure Windows Seven Media Center from the scratch.

Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS

Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

  • Click the Start button.
  • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
  • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
  • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
  • Click Yes.
  • A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
  • Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
  • In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
  • From the File menu, choose Export.
  • In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
  • In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
  • In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
  • Click Save.
  • The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
  • You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS:

 

 

How to Fix Windows Media Center has stopped working on my Dell XPS 400 computer with Windows 7 OS with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Run it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Troubleshoot:Trouble using shutdown.exe through Task Scheduler Error,Troubleshooting:I bought office 2013 with my new dell. I down loaded office in april. Now I am trying use it and it will not work Error,Tech Support: How to remove the word \"Comment\" from a balloon comment in Word 2010.,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment