Adobe Encore Freezes
I have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.
I have Adobe CS4 Master installed on my system which I reinstalled after I upgraded to Win7.
All of my prgrams work except Encore.
And sometimes Encore will work and sometimes it will not.
My system freezes at the
same spot everytime when trying to open Encore.
I have contacted Adobe support and of course they say it is not compatable with Win7.
However there is alot of people who can run the program without any problems.
As I have the same software on my laptop and
it runs without any problems and it has Win7.
Can anyone please help me figure out why this program hangs up and sometimes it will open.
I have tried everything including using the Run in previous versions already.
Keys to the Problem Adobe Encore Freezes
Uninstall Adobe encore and try to install it in Vista compatibility mode and check if it helps.
Follow these steps:
Right-click on the installation file and select properties.
Now click on the compatibility tab.
Under compatibility mode, check “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
From the drop down menu, select Windows Vista.
Click Apply and then click OK.
Refer this link for more information:
If the issue persists, then you will have to contact Adobe for further assistance.
Here’s the link:
Hope it helps!
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Adobe Encore Freezes:
How to Fix Adobe Encore Freezes with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Anwsered] After dropping computer, it takes over an hour to get to desktop and startup,Solution to Problem: After a recent update I cannot print from my email or internet, getting Error Line 2107 \"an error has occurred\",[Anwsered] Adobe reader icon has taken over all my programs,Troubleshoot:After downloading a Java update for Internet Explorer I am unable to access my favorite chat room online. Error,How to Fix Problem - Adobe Flash Player10 ActiveX & Java 6 Update 18 installed, but not showing in PROGRAMS, not opening up songs, and just not working.?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded