IE10 don't like pop ups, IE10 has pop-tabs Arrg.
Have a Windows 8 laptop with IE10.
It has a touch screen so that helps quite a bit.
But number one annoyance is ads which pop a new tab.
Yup no pop-up ads but pop tabs are even worse.
On top of that there does not appear to be a version of Ad Blocker
Plus that works with IE.
How do you turn off those really annoying pop-tabs, other than using Firefox or Chrome?
Gestures seem to work much better with IE than the other browsers, but the constant pop-tabs makes IE almost useless.
Keys to the Problem IE10 don't like pop ups, IE10 has pop-tabs Arrg.
Update your Anti-Virus and run a full system scan.
Open Internet Explorer and in tools->Internet Option click Advance tab and then press reset.
In Internet Explorer tools, click Manage Add-ons and see if there is any add-on that you don't use or is suspect and disable it.
This particular error can easily be resolved with a few simple steps. However, if you are not confident in your ability to use the methods below or they do not fully remove the issue on your computer, you may want to seek the assistance of a qualified repair technician who is well versed in fixing IE10 don't like pop ups, IE10 has pop-tabs Arrg..
- Back-up the Registry of your operating system.
- Find the Registry Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
- Note: this Registry Key should already exist, if it does not exist, create it.
- Create a brand new DWORD Value that is named AllowOsUpdate
- Set the Value to 0x00000001.
- Close and reopen your Control Panel.
- Restart the Microsoft Windows.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: IE10 don't like pop ups, IE10 has pop-tabs Arrg.:
How to Fix IE10 don't like pop ups, IE10 has pop-tabs Arrg. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: How Can You Fix - Mouse pointers & other functions on screens go slow?,[Solved] IE8 and add-ons,Solution to Error: windows 8 start-up problem solve but what is the cause?,How to Fix - conime.exe can't find it in system32?,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?