Windows Update fails to install KB974234, returns error code 80070641
Since update KB974234 was issued on 10/13, I have not been able to install this particular update. Update returns error code 80070641. I've not had any other issues with installing updates before or since this one.
I'm running Vista Home Premium with Office 2007 SP2. Office Diagnostics finds no issues.
Following other threads, I have (among other attempts): stopped the Windows Installer Service (returns mesage "the Windows Installer service is not started"), attempted Patch Registration Cleanup Tool (would not run - stated "a productcode must be specified"),
manually downloaded the update.
I have also tried the following solutions based on recommendation. They were also unsuccessful.
Unfortunately I've not been able to follow up further until now.
I appreciate any help you can offer!
Solutions to the Problem Windows Update fails to install KB974234, returns error code 80070641
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Windows Update fails to install KB974234, returns error code 80070641:
How to Fix Windows Update fails to install KB974234, returns error code 80070641 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on,After Running Sysem Restore My PC Running Windows 7 Home Premium Fails To Restart And On Manually Restarting Tells Me The Restore Has Failed Error Code Ox80070005,Access Data Base Engine DLL,After Changing Drive Letters W/ Disk Management In Windows 7 I Can No Longer View My Drives In "Computer",Automatically Deletes Mail When Exiting The Program,Not Able To Access Internet Explorer 8 Correctly.,Backup Error,Sign In Prob. With Games For Windows-live In Dirt 2,I'm Having Trouble Storing My Iphone Contacts In Windows Contacts,Dispositivo Microsoft Notebook Reciever V2.0 No Se Reconoce Dispositivo USB Error 43
Read More: Tech Support: Backup gets to 99% and give me the message\"The backup completed but some files were skipped\" and turns out to be a notepad,How to Fix Problem - ImageMate 5 in 1 Reader, can't get driver software?,Troubleshooting:Usings Readiris Pro 11 Scanning Software with Windows 7 64 bit computer Error,can't defrag, task scheduler not started, but it is [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: windows 7 ultimate corupption avoid intel core and how many days or year exsits windows 7 in intelcore,Agentctl.dll registration on windows 8 64-bit,Full Cross Reference,How do I stop ads from flickering on Internet Explorer?,black changes to 87% when converting to spot color,Extra Zero's on Time in Excel.