Sunday, March 6, 2016

How to Fix - Installed RAM, usable RAM?

Installed RAM, usable RAM

Hello, my laptop has 4GB of ram installed (2GB x2), and I have recently made the switch to Windows 7.
However when I view my systems properties it tells me I only have 2.93GB of RAM available but 4GB installed.
I have read this maybe because I am running
a 32bit version of Windows 7, I am unsure to why this is though as my previously installed Vista was also 32bit and showed the full 4GB ram and didn't say only 2.93GB was usable!
 
TY in advance for any help.

Anwsers to the Problem Installed RAM, usable RAM

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:34:40 +0000, AeonOne wrote:

> Hello, my laptop has 4GB of ram installed (2GB x2), and I have recently made the switch to Windows 7.
However when I view my systems properties it tells me I only have 2.93GB of RAM available but 4GB installed.
I have read this maybe because I am running
a 32bit version of Windows 7, I am unsure to why this is

All 32-bit client versions of Windows (not just Vista/XP/7) have a 4GB
address space (64-bit versions can use much more).
That's the
theoretical upper limit beyond which you can not go.


But you can't use the entire 4GB of address space.
Even though you
have a 4GB address space, you can only use *around* 3.1GB of RAM.
That's because some of that space is used by hardware and is not
available to the operating system and applications.
The amount you can
use varies, depending on what hardware you have installed, but can
range from as little as 2GB to as much as 3.5GB.
It's usually around
3.1GB, and you are very close to that.

Note that the hardware is using the address *space*, not the actual
RAM itself.
If you have a greater amount of RAM, the rest of the RAM
goes unused because there is no address space to map it to.



> though as my previously installed Vista was also 32bit and showed the full 4GB ram and didn't say only 2.93GB was usable!


That's because Microsoft, with one of the Service Packs, changed the
reporting from what you could use to what you had installed.
My view
is that that was a very poor thing to do, and confused and misled
people, as it did you.
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake

Run CHKDSK

  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.
An error might pop up:

"Access denied as you do not have significant privileges. You have to invoke this utility in elevated mode."

If you receive the above error message, it means you are not logged into you computer as an Administrator. If that's the case, follow these steps to run the command prompt in elevated mode:

  • Go to theStart button.
  • Go to "All Programs > Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt".
  • Select "Run as Administrator".
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Installed RAM, usable RAM:

 

 

How to Fix Installed RAM, usable RAM with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: 50% Of The Times I Am In A MS Word, Or In An Email, And I Press Enter To Go To The Next Line To Continue Writing, Windows Mobility Center" Screen Shows Up.,Adobe Flash Player For Window 7,After Last Updates My Microsoft Word Starter 2010 Won't Work,Automatically Deleting Blank Characters Before Text In Line,Administrative Tools In Control Panel Is Blank. What Can I Do To Restore It?,Windows Backup And Restore Keep Popping Up,MS Word Starter, Omission Of Character,If I Use Two Or More Registry Cleaner. Does It Creat Any Problem To My Computer?,Screen Shot? - How To Take A Screen Shot,Parental Controls Not Working
Read More: Troubleshoot:Occasionally Excel office 7 stops working while in use. Message comes up that excel is restarting. Worksheet becomes read only. Why Error,Fast Solution to Problem: Media Center sill not show recorded files or schedules recordings,Troubleshooter of Error: Can anyone advise how I can set desktop as the default screen that opens when I log in to Win 8?,How to Fix - Where is the Help Menu in Windows 7??,Unable to connect to existing wireless connection using Windows 7 Starter on HP mini netbook.,My troubleshooter keeps telling me it has an error and stops working.,several programs in the control panel wont allow me to access them, i dont think it's a virus. windows 7,How do I edit data in an embedded Excel object in a Word form document?,Message pops when I start FSX with an error code, stating that it was not possible to activate the product. Shuts down after 30 minutes of gameplay. HELP!,Excel Doc. won't launch in separate window

No comments:

Post a Comment